Tuesday, March 2, 2010

OK tell me about my Shoes or Is it my Glasses?

My deer sweet mother has had another stroke! I feel lucky that it doesn't affect her body as much as her brain. And for all of those that might think I'm insensitive, it is hard to watch Mom try to find her words, or not understand, but so funny what she comes up with. If you saw or spoke to Uncle Brent after his stroke, you would be very grateful that Mom's just affect her brain.

So Mom washed her phone. Since I know all about the phone Becky wanted me to see what I could do. It was about 0800 and Mom wasn't really with it yet. When I asked her where her phone was, she looked at me with a blank expression. After I came back from looking for the phone, I asked her again if she knew where her phone was. This time she pointed to her nose. After three times, she got frustrated with with me, took off her glasses and said they are right here. At about the same time, I located her phone. I said, "Mom, those are your glasses, this is your telephone." She looked at her glasses like OH that's what those are. Oh what a difference four days makes.

Monday afternoon when I was there ordering a new phone for her, I explained what I was doing. When I was done and went back into her room, she said "so tell me about my shoes?" Mom it's your telephone and I've ordered you a new one. It should be here tomorrow." "oh," said Mom "So I'm getting a new pajama top." Yeah Mom.... I Love YA!